Digital Sandbox 7.12.5
This document outlines the Release Notes for Digital Sandbox (DS) 7.12.5, the host platform for the California Common Operating Picture (Cal COP). This release includes a collection of enhancements and improvements to the 126.96.36.199 release. This document includes notes on:
- Hardware and Software Specifications
- New Major Features
- Additional Enhancements & Corrections
- Known Outstanding Issues
1. Hardware and Software Specifications
Client machine requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer, or Firefox release 3.0 or newer
- Note: Older versions of these browsers do not optimally display the website
- Note: The Watchboard map works best in Firefox or Chrome
- Microsoft Office Suite 2000 or newer (for viewing Word and Excel reports)
- Adobe Reader (for viewing PDF reports)
- Adobe Flash 10 plug-in (for viewing interactive Geo Monitor map)
- 1.5 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or more
- Network Card (wireless or wired)
- Recommended screen resolution (minimum): 1024 x 768
2. New Major Features
The following is a list of major features added in DS 7.12.5:
- New Address Validation option. Now able to validate addresses against customer-hosted ESRI Geocode Server v10.22. Contact your project manager for more details.
- New Spillman CAD Integration. Now able to connect DS7 (Cal COP) to Spillman CAD system via the Spillman DataExchange API. Contact your project manager for more details.
3. Additional Enhancements and Corrections
The following is a list of additional changes you will notice in this release:
- New Asset List Quick Search options “Assets Created During Past 7 Days” and “Assets Created During Past 30 Days”.
- Added new URL field to Events.
- Added ability to connect to secure RSS Feeds (new ability to specify username/password).
- Added “Basic HAZMAT Info” section into Fire Assessment reports.
- Added new setting to control whether the Start->Search assessment results return submitted assessments only (current behavior) or submitted and in-progress (100% complete) assessments (new option).
- New XLS version of User Login History report.
- Updated Fire Assessment left-side Emergency Response Guide (ERG) link to newer 2016 version of ERG PDF.
- Corrected Capability Assessment Report “Logistics & Supply Chain Management” item order sequence in report.
- Fixed bug in API that would cause Field Report and Channel Data errors on the Watchboard due to a problem in the processing of items with null latitude and longitude values.
- Fixed bug that caused Feed Monitor articles matching on EXCLUDE keywords to still appear on the Watchboard (even when hidden from the Feed Monitor list view).
- Fixed problems in Assessment PDF Import operation that resulted in assessment errors due to improper ordering of lists of things (elevators, stairwells, etc).
- Fixed problem on Asset Details page that caused Observations link to not display for certain Fire Pre-Incident Assessment users.
- Fixed Pre-Fire Plan List Report problem for customer that caused report to fail if Occupancy filter was set.
- Fixed User List Report problem that caused Admin User List report to fail in certain deployments.
- Fixed Watchboard “RSS/Twitter” feed error that would occasionally occur.
- Fixed Asset Priority and Security Group assignment problem that could occur on non-PCII sites.
4. Known Issues / Inconsistencies
The following is a list of the major known issues / inconsistencies in DS 7.12.5:
- In Firefox, groupings of items in the Timeline Monitor may be truncated
- In Chrome and Safari, items in the timeline may appear in GMT instead of the user’s time-zone
- More than one user may create an Asset or Threat Group of the same name, so that group names may list more than once on screens supporting group filter drop-lists, especially if groups have been enabled for public access
- In deployments where a) a customer has a long list of jurisdictions, b) some of those jurisdictions have sub-jurisdictions beneath them and c) a user has access to enough jurisdictions that the jurisdiction filter drop-down list is forced to scroll, the sub-jurisdiction sub-menus do not scroll properly to match with the parent item. The sub-menus still appear and are accessible, but they are not properly aligned
- When using Firefox to access the Monitoring section, your mouse wheel may not work as expected. In Internet Explorer, the mouse wheel correctly zooms in and out of the GIS display, but in Firefox the wheel may cause the page to scroll
- Certain screens within the application do not display optimally in older browsers, for instance:
- When using Internet Explorer 6, you may need to scroll to the far top to access a pop-up window.
- For Firefox 2.x, filter drop-downs do not open when clicked upon.
- The Monitoring section does not function in either Internet Explorer 6 or Firefox 2.x.
- Both of these browsers suffer from insufficient support of web-based standards, and users are highly encouraged to upgrade to a more current browser.
- The top menu may appear behind the Geo-Monitor in Chrome